I love falling in love with food…. Sounds a little weird I know, but I really do love trying different foods for the first time and coming out with a thought, “I can’t wait to get home and try making this myself!”
My sister-in-law used to live in Huntington Beach and when we went there for Christmas few years ago, I got a chance to go out to lunch with the girlies to this awesome Greek restaurant nearby. My sisters-in-law ordered this salad, they were raving about it for so long I HAD to have the same thing! It was a simple Greek salad, yet it was so so good! Ever since then, any chance I get, I make this salad. So thanks Tasha for introducing me to this! It was love at first bite!
Ingredients for Greek Salad Recipe
2 heads of romaine lettuce, chopped
1 English cucumber
10.5 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
2 bell peppers, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 cup sliced Greek Kalamata olives
6 oz Feta cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Start by preparing the dressing. In a small bowl, combine 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/8 teaspoon of black ground pepper, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, and 1/4 cup red wine vinegar. Whisk to blend well and refrigerate until ready to use.
Alright let’s start with the salad! Cut 1 English cucumber in half lengthwise and slice. In a large bowl, combine chopped 2 heads of romaine lettuce, sliced cucumber, halved 10.5 ounces of cherry tomatoes, 2 chopped bell peppers, 1 chopped red onion, and 1 cup sliced Greek Kalamata olives. Pour some of the dressing over the salad and mix to coat. Add more dressing if needed. Transfer the salad into a flat platter and sprinkle with 6 ounces of Feta cheese on top.
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 English cucumber
- 10.5 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced Greek Kalamata olives
- 6 oz Feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Prepare dressing by combining garlic, Dijon mustard, dried oregano, salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, and red wine vinegar in a bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Cut English cucumber in half lengthwise and slice.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped lettuce, sliced cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped bell peppers, chopped red onion, and sliced Greek Kalamata olives. Pour dressing over the salad and mix to coat.
- Transfer the salad into a flat platter and sprinkle Feta cheese on top.