1 large eggplant
salt & pepper
oil for frying
6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. quality balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
Eggplant in Balsamic Dressing
Recipe type: side dish
- 1 large eggplant
- salt & pepper
- oil for frying
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. quality balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup roasted red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Cut eggplant into thin rounds and lightly season with salt and pepper on both sides. Spread the slices on a tray and let them rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and fry eggplant slices on each side for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Place cooked slices on a plate covered with a napkin to drain excess oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk extra virgin olive oil and quality balsamic vinegar to blend. Arrange cooked eggplant slices on a serving platter and drizzle them with balsamic vinegar dressing. Top with roasted bell pepper and fresh basil.